Sunday 10 March 2013

Some catching up to do

There has been a bit of water under the bridge since my last post . . . and a lot of miles travelled.  Weaving-wise I finished a number of linen table runners and took those with me on my next road trip and did almost all of the hemstitching while I was away. 
Part of the trip was to the PWN annual seminar, held this year at a youth camp site at Raincliff, not far from Geraldine.  Here I am at show and tell time with one of my linen runners.  One of the seminar sessions was about photographing our work. I didn't spend nearly enough time or attention on it but did manage to get a clear close-up of my linen.
One of the highlights of the weekend was a visit to the home of Maggie Sewell of Adobe Alpacas. It was neat to meet some of her animals . . . all individually named.
But even better to be allowed into her yarn store!

Almost everyone queued up to buy and we all left clutching bags of beautiful loot.

The best part of these seminars is meeting up with friends and colleagues who all talk the same language . . . plus having our meals provided. In this case the quality and quantity were delicious and generous.

Wil looks as though he is giving thanks on behalf of all of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment