Monday 23 March 2020

Lace Plus

The lace project I mentioned a post or two back has been finished for some time. The "plus" is that after the lace is done there needs to be a massive amount of thread dangling off it which I needed to manipulate and stitch into the branches, trunk and roots of a tree. I really enjoyed making this and was pleased to find a ready-made handwoven table mat to use to mount it on. (That's an owl in the branches.)

I did another version of this for a "paint chart challenge" for a Creative Fibre event that was to be held in Nelson in May. For that reason it was kept under wraps waiting for the big occasion. It is wrapped and packed and waiting to be posted. That was before Convid19 struck and the event was postponed, so I may as well post a photo of it now.
The strips of paint chart on the right determined the colours. Beads, stars and silver birds found their way into the mix before I made myself leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment