Tuesday 4 December 2018

Challenges

A fundraiser supplied $10 with a challenge to take it away and use it to increase its value.  For a warp I used some fine wool (no label) a friend found in a charity shop. I wove two scarves using silk weft for both but used a different twill variation for each. I finished them with my usual Philippine edges and twisted fringes.



That was the easy part. Now I have to sell them and try to make several 100% for the charity - that's the hard bit. TradeMe, here I come.

A challenge of a different kind is one I can't resist - "What can I make of the leftovers?"   A little bit of this and a little bit of that can, with a bit of juggling, be made into something with a bit more character than each yarn on its own.  These two "scraps" together were not quite enough for my scarf length so I unwound the warps, shortened the length and made a shorter scarf. That's two little oddments that I didn't have to add to the scrap bag. Weft is a very fine blue cotton stranded with mother-of-pearl.


No comments:

Post a Comment