Wednesday 21 May 2014

Finishings

 With a Scarf Expo coming up in June I have tried to make a few 'different' scarves. The warp in this one was not going to make a nice fringe so I darned the warp ends back and gave it this button treatment. It's very light so the buttons add just a little bit of weight.
This alpaca/silk wrap has been off the loom for some time but I've only recently finished fringing it. I added tiny glass beads to the warp ends before twisting them and it took absolutely AGES! They are so small you can't see them so I'm not sure if it was worth the effort. Here is a see-through of the 3-end huck lace pattern.
This is very similar to one I made earlier and it sold before I was ready to part with it so I repeated it with a different lace pattern - not that you can notice - and added the beads to give it a variation from the original.




No comments:

Post a Comment