Friday 5 April 2013

Back to Something Like Normal

Whew!  My entries for the National Creative Fibre Exhibition are not only in the post, they have arrived in Wellington. I always forget what a long involved process it is to remember . . . and find . . . and use . . . the sew-in labels necessary and the form filling and packaging. This time I was clever enough to fill in the packing slips at the same time as the entry forms, but it's still a hassle and takes ages.  In the bustle I forgot to take a photo of the length of fabric I sent, but here is a look at the linen I finished recently. I sent 2 pieces - one very long white one and a shorter natural-colour in  linen and cotton.


The napkins are still haunting me. Four more to hem . . . and then what do you do  with a dozen or so napkins with a threading error!  I did sell a couple at the Co-op shop in Picton but I have now finished my association with that in the meantime. It was well worth being involved but I'm not prepared to participate during the winter.

Today I cut off a red alpaca/silk wrap which I wove with a delicate lace pattern (3 thread huck rather than 5 thread). I'm dying to see it washed but need to finish  the ends first and it's a slow process. It's a good excuse to make the most of the last lovely sunny Indian summer days we are enjoying while I sit and fiddle with the fringes.

No comments:

Post a Comment