Monday 13 April 2020

The Better the Days the Better the Deed

Off the loom on Good Friday

Very gently machine washed on delicate setting, dried flat. 


Inspected and stray threads trimmed. No steaming or ironing. It did have ten minutes in the tumble drier on low but I was afraid to give it any more than that. It perhaps could do with a bit more fulling but I will think about that for a while. I may even wash it again. Alpaca does not full or shrink as much as wool.
A very satisfactory Easter even if it was under lock-down. I will take a break now, make a few adjustments to the loom where I had a breakage of one of the main cords. Then I will be ready to do it all over again. The middle panel will be wider but only half the length because there is only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment