Thursday 18 January 2018

Tatting a Monument - 3cm at a time

An adventurous (or crazy?) person in Belgium has had the bright idea to collect from all over the world, tatted squares, 3cm x 3 cm, which she plans to join together in order to decorate (lace bomb?) one of the monuments in Brussels. She wants 10,000 of them. Here is my contribution of 10. At first I thought I might do more but it is much harder (and more boring) than I expected. 

The aim is to draw attention to women's rights in all parts of the world and for that reason the squares need to be pink. Completion is to be in August to coincide with the annual International Lace Conference which is held in a different city in Europe every year.  I will report if or when it happens!

P.S.  I have found five more which I made earlier and mislaid. I guess I will be sending a second contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment