Monday 24 February 2014

Quite a Day

A very satisfying day. Joan and I set up a display of weaving over the years as part of a plan by the Museum to enhance the Girling Building, one of the Heritage buildings in Brayshaw Park.  Here are some of my items and yes, some of them deserve the title of museum pieces.


This curtain is actually white and quite dainty but very hard to photograph against the bright Marlborough sunshine. From the other side I just got a reflection of myself. The tatted lace incorporates pearl drop beads.
Then it was back to the loom and half an hour's work saw me cutting bulk teatowels off the loom.  There's  quite a bit of hemming to do here so that will be a job for me next time I go to Wellington.

Then I was able to start winding a warp for a wrap with the beautiful red alpaca and silk yarn that I love.

All going well a navy one will follow . . . but I've also ordered some silk for scarves . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment