Saturday 24 November 2012

Introducing Yarnaby

An Elf on a Shelf

Yarnaby joined my family on 23 November 2012. (Thank you Esther - I think)  Anybody who lives with me has to get used to being surrounded by yarns and I expect Yarnaby to be my constant companion, at least for every day in December, or so I am instructed. Keep watching and see what he gets up to. I suspect some of it will be mischief.  In his introductory photo he has propped himself up in the shade of the lovely 'Leaping Salmon' roses given to me by June McKenzie for my birthday. Thank you June, I love them.
It didn't take long for him to find a skein of yarn to hold for me to wind into a ball. How many dozens of times did I and my sisters do this for our mother?

Keep watching!

2 comments:

  1. I can see Yarnaby (love the name) is going to bring quite a lot of humour to you and your friends over the next few weeks Rose. All ready paying his way i see, how cute. Love the Roses too btw.
    And Happy Birthday again from me, Ollie and Chloe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda. I'm not sure how long I can keep this up but at this stage of a busy year a totally frivolous bit of nonsense seems to be just what is required.

    ReplyDelete